2021-22 Covid Safety Procedures
- Message and Resources
- Physical Distancing
- Health Monitoring
- (ECDOH) Testing Resources
- Returning to School Following Illness
- Youth Sports
- Covid-19 Vaccination
- Covid-19 Screening Testing
- ECDOH Voluntary Surveillance and Proximal Testing
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Disinfectant and Sanitizing Solutions
- Sources Consulted by ECDOH to Develop School Guidance
- Iroquois Central School District
- Health Monitoring
Health Monitoring (updated 3/21/22)
Upon school entry, ECDOH recommends all students, staff, and faculty to participate in daily health screenings.
The health screening can be a daily in-person temperature and COVID-19 symptom check or a home health screening questionnaire.
If an individual presents with a temperature greater than 100.0°F, or reports one or more COVID-19 symptom, regardless of vaccination status, the individual must be denied entry into the facility or sent directly to a dedicated isolation area prior to being picked up or otherwise sent home.
COVID-19 symptoms include the following: fever, chills, rigors, muscle aches, headache, back pain, fatigue, runny nose, congestion, sore throat, loss of smell, loss of taste, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, wheezing, chest pain, cough, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, altered mental status/confusion, and seizures.
Additional Notes for Iroquois’s Implementation
Households are required to perform at home screening for the signs and symptoms of COVID.
ECDOH recommends the use of a daily screening questionnaire for students, teachers, staff, and visitors reporting to school. (Iroquois Questionnaire Below). The questionnaire for students, particularly younger students, who may require assistance, may be answered before that student reports to school by their parent/legal guardian (e.g., by electronic survey, digital application, or telephone).
COVID-19 HEALTH MORNING QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Are you experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 such as chills, muscle or body aches, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or new loss of taste and/or smell?
2. Is your temperature 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater today?
3. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
4. Have you had contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
*If you have checked YES to any of the above questions, do not send your child to and immediately notify the school distrct.
ECDOH requires that if a student or staff member develops COVID-19 symptoms while at school, regardless of vaccination status, the ill person must immediately be placed in an isolation area/room at school and picked up by a parent/guardian if a student or sent home if a staff member.
ECDOH requires schools to maintain isolation areas/rooms separated from others for students or staff who are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. These designated rooms should be monitored, overseen, and logged.