As a Iroquois high school student , there are a few requirements that each student is expected to follow in the art room for having a successful year!
- Be prompt, do not be late for class. In doing so you take time away from learning a lot of important and fun information for your projects. It also takes time away from other students learning time in class.
- Be prepared to work. Please bring your sketchpad, and pencil to EVERY class. Very important.
- Participate in discussions/critques.
- Raise your hand if you have something to contribute.
- Be respectful of yourself and others around you. This also includes being respectful of materials you are using.
- Food/beverages are at the teachers discretion.
- Phone use-Phones may be used for research if allowed and to listen to music while working. Texting is not allowed during instructional time. Again at teacher's discretion.
- If you break a rule (which has been discussed in class), you will be given a verbal warning. If this does not work you may be asked to go to speak with admin. or go to the ice room. Remember all of the rules discussed in class and posted are designed to keep you and others safe in the art room. This will make your art learning experience a positive one!
Grading Will be based on the following:
- Participation in class
- Prepared-Always have your sketchbook and a pencil every class. (Each Student will be assigned a sketchbook)
- Class art work-following directions
- Sketchbook-assigned homework completed by the due date given.
Grading on the Rubric:
- Students will complete a art rubric for each project. Rubrics are set with project criteria and the NYS Visual Art Standards.
- A small plastic shoe box with lid will work for art supplies, an art folder, and provided sketchbook
- Student grades will be posted in gradebook/student portal.
- Contact Mrs. Schuman by email: email@example.com or Iroquois hs 652-3000, ext: 7160