in Mrs.Payne's class
Sketchbook assignments are used as a very important tool for development of ideas, skills and assignments.
- All students will need to have a sketchbook for their art class. Standard sketchbook will be issued. Students should bring their sketchbook to art class every class they come to along with their laptop. (Another necessary tool for art class).
- All assignemnts conform to The NYS Standards for The Arts 2017.
- All students enrolled in Studio in Art Class, Drawing and Painting, Graphic Art, and Design will receive a packet at the beginning of their course which will outline their expected assignments with due dates.
- Sketchbooks should be thought of as a necessary tool for brainstorming ideas, creating preliminary sketches for projects, telling stories, journaling, adding photo's to, experimenting with various types of art media(paint, pencil, chalk, etc.).
- Most sketch assignments will have a weight of 10 pts. unless stated specifically. Often more lengthy assignments will have a greater point weight attached. Typically anywhere from 10-50 pts. (Again will be stated).
- Encourage your student to use their sketchbook as much as possible. Students challenge yourselves to work with various materials of ineterst in yopur sketchbook!
As always if you have any questions about assignments , PLEASE email email@example.com with your questions or concerns! Have fun!
Sometimes students will be asked to find or take a picture for a refrence at home to use in class for an art project
10 points each asignmnet - if the student is late or does not bring in a refrence they will lose points.