Girls' Night Out 2017!Posted by Elisabeth Musso on 5/1/2017 7:00:00 AM
IROQUOIS CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
“Girls’ Night Out” to support… The Children's Tumor Foundation and ending NF through research!
Permission Slips are due by Monday, May 15th! Girls' Night Out 2017 Permission Form
Who: Iroquois High School Girls Only
What: Sleepover to support The Children’s Tumor Foundation and ending NF through research
Where: Iroquois High School
When: 5:30 p.m. Friday, May 19th – 7:30 a.m. Saturday, May 20th
- Students will not be allowed to come late however, if they have parent permission they will be allowed to leave early after the campfire chat (approximately at midnight). Please notify Ms. Musso and administration for approval prior to the event.
- Students who are being dropped off on Friday or picked up on Saturday morning must have their parents or rides sign them in and out.
How: The girls attending CAN bring a monetary donation to support The Children’s Tumor Foundation (that will be their ticket into the event). Please bring cash or make checks payable to Iroquois Central Schools and in the memo portion write Girls Give Back or The Children’s Tumor Foundation. For every dollar the student donates, they will receive a raffle ticket.
Why: Our goal is that students will learn self-esteem, confidence, and self-worth while developing a sense of solidarity and giving back to the community. A Good Time Doing Good!
IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR PERMISSION SLIP TO MS. MUSSO BY: Monday, May 15th. ***PLEASE NOTE THE PERMISSION SLIP INCLUDES PAGES 3-7!
If you would like to donate a basket or gift card for us to raffle at the event or have any questions please contact Ms. Musso at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Check list
Recommended items to bring with you for the sleepover
- Water bottle
- Extra clothes (an extra outfit)
- Sleeping bag
- A camping chair or something to sit on during the “camp fire” chat
- Personal Toiletry Items
- Bring a few friends J
- A positive attitude!
- Monetary Donation for entrance
- Snacks to share in the cafeteria
Breakdown of the event
* = EVENT ACTIVITIES THAT ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL ATTNEDENTS!
These activities may be subject to change
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. - Check in & students get settled and will meet in the high school auditorium. (Students getting picked up or dropped off must have parents sign them in/out).
NOTE: If the students are planning on participating in any athletic activities they should be ready to go by 6 p.m.
*MANDATORY FOR ALL*
- *6:00 p.m. – Brief Welcome by Ms. Musso & presentation by Theresa Martin: Explanation of The Children’s Tumor Foundation who will be receiving donations, recognition of committee members, and recognition of local organizations who supported the event and parents who volunteered.
- *6:05 – 7:00 p.m. – Local Successful Women in the legal and medical fields. These successful professionals will speak about their education/path to their professions, any obstacles they have had to overcome to get to where they are today, and any attributes that have helped make them the strong women they have become.
- 6:05 - 6:30 p.m. – Presentation by guest speaker Jennifer Steiner
- She has a legal background and is a criminal justice teacher
- 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. – Presentation by guest speaker Natasha Roseboom
- She has a medical background
Activities in the main gym (7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Self-defense class with instructors Mr. Bill Long, Ms. Jenn Campo and Ms. Rose Losi from SPAR Self Defense
- 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Yoga Workout with Julia Tibold’s older sister
*9:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. time to shower or change to get ready for the campfire chat & to eat some snacks.*
- *9:30 – 10:30 p.m. A Big Old Clue Game – Girls Give Back Committee Members will be running a giant game of Clue in the gym. Everyone is invited to join a committee member and work as a team to solve the crime!
Miscellaneous Cafeteria Activities (7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.)
- *10:00 p.m. – approximately 11:15 p.m. *MANDATORY FOR ALL “Campfire Chat”7:30 – 8:30 p.m. Cooking with Ms. Bosejour (in the back of the cafeteria) Snacks, fruit salad, & getting food ready for our breakfast i.e. egg bake, etc.
- 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. Jewelry making with Mrs. Dion
- Board Games (Mad Gab, Scattegories, Would You Rather, Apples to Apples, etc.)
The girls will have a safe and comfortable environment to talk about certain issues: bullying,
pressures from relationships, social media/online bullying, sexting, college, drugs & alcohol, etc. *meet promptly at 10:00 by the cafeteria to walk out to the campfire with Ms. Musso and the other chaperones.
- ~11:30 - 12:00 a.m. Auditorium Raffle Prizes, Movies, & Bedtime (parents may pick up their daughters at midnight if they choose not to spend the night). ALL students being picked up must have their parents sign them out and students who drive must sign themselves out of the event!
NOTE: All of the girls attending will remain in the auditorium and watch movies or they may go to the gym for some quite space for bed.
- 5:00 a.m. – 5:45 a.m. – Cafeteria (Preparing Breakfast)
- 6:45 a.m. WAKE UP CALL! & BREAKFAST!
- 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Checkout (ALL students being picked up must have their parents sign them out and students who drive must sign themselves out of the event)