In your One Note, you should have a tab labeled "Romeo and Juliet". Within that tab, create a new page and answer the following questions by going to the following links:
Follow this link and answer the following questions:
1. William Shakespeare was born in what year?
2. What date do we recognize as his birthday?
3. Describe William Shakespeare's family.
4. Name one of the acting companies Shakespeare was associated with in the early days.
5. What is the probable time period that Romeo and Juliet was written?
6. Describe Shakespeare's writing style.
Next, follow this link and answer the following questions about life in Elizabethan EnglandRomeo & Juliet marry secretly, but because she is trying to escape the arranged marriage to Paris. Read this site about marriage in Elizabethan England and answer these questions:7. What does betrothal mean?8. Name a marriage or betrothal custom found on this page.Follow this link and answer the questions:9. What color should the bride's dress be?10. What is a dowry?Next, follow this link and answer the following:11. How many women actors did the company usually feature?
12. What was the name of the theater where Shakespeare's players performed?
13. How were the seating arrangements for the audience? How did one get a good seat?
14. What happened to the Globe Theater 1613?Next, use this link to complete the following chart
Character Description Romeo Juliet
Lord and Lady Capulet Lord and Lady Montague Tybalt
Paris Balthazar Prince Escalus Sampson and Gregory Abram RosalineWebquest modified from http://teacherweb.com/WQ/HighSchool/ShakespearesRomeoandJuliet/apt1.aspx and https://sites.google.com/a/pender.k12.nc.us/antoinette_melvin/home/english-i/romeo-and-juliet-webquest