1) Work on Chapter 15 questions, Water Management, that was passed out in class. If you don't have one, please contact me. This is due Friday, March 20.
2) Watch the following Bozeman video on Water Pollution that includes wastewater treatment.
3) The process of eutrophication is rather confusing when you first learn about, but the following article does explain some of the more complicated points. Read it
a couple of times for understanding. https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/pip/factsheets/bb/documents/bb-3.pdf
4) After reading the above article, complete the following worksheet and submit it by March 18.
5) The last section of this unit involves Estuaries. These are complex, brackish water areas with tremendous biodiversity. They are invaluable to local areas but
have experienced many pollution and degradation issues. Read the following article and complete only the questions assigned to you.
Estuaries This will be due Friday, March 20. Everyone (ques 1-6); Elena (ques 7-12); Nick (ques 13-17); Jillian (ques 18-25): Maddie (ques 26-31);
Meg (ques 32-39)
1) Work on Chapter 16 questions. The link is attached Chp 16 questions These are due Tuesday, March 31
2) Watch the following Bozeman video on Atmosphere
3) Work on the following case study "On a Clear Day" https://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/files/clearday.pdf
It is a long reading passage with just a few questions but it has many important facts about air pollution. Submit your answers on a separate sheet by
Tuesday, March 31.
SOLID WASTES AND DISPOSAL:
1) Work on Chapter 17 questions. The link is attached Chp 17 questions (minus the answer key!!) These are due April 3.
2) Watch the following Bozeman video http://www.bozemanscience.com/ap-es-031-solid-waste
3) Watch the following Bozeman video http://www.bozemanscience.com/ap-es-032-health-impacts
4) Attached is a case study on water pollution. Complete the questions and submit by April 3. https://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/files/2-lake_nyos_a.pdf
5) Attached is a case study on dolphin deaths and toxicology. Complete these questions and submit them by April 8. Complete only Parts I and II
HAZARDOUS WASTES AND DISPOSAL: (Fourth quarter assignments)
1) Work on Chapter 18 questions. The link is attached Chapter 18 questions These are due April 15
2) Work on this lab about LD 50, however, only do Part A, pages 1-2 LD 50 lab
3) This is an interesting simulation of the toxic effects and the LD 50 level on a population
This video might also help you do these calculations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA8xSPBX-ME
4) For your reference, this is a comprehensive packet of information regarding hazardous wastes and their management.
REVIEW VIDEOS: (Highly Recommended!!!)
The following videos on YouTube were prepared by AP Central to help students complete their course material and prepare for the AP Exam, Monday, May 18 AP Environmental Science. Take the time to view some of these lecture topics presented by other instructors around the country. I know it's not like being in a class but you can always pretend!!!!
FINAL FOURTH QUARTER PROJECT:
Environmental Disaster Powerpoint Project: Due, June 12.