*Physical Education Teacher K-4
Wales Primary (mornings) and Elma Primary (afternoons)
716-652-3000 Wales Primary x4025 Elma Primary x2095
*Challenge Ropes Course Manager
*Alumni Class of '88
Dear Wales and Elma Primary Families,
It's always a crazy year, which means physical activity is more important than ever for everyone. If you can exercise and play as a family, it will help lower the level of stress in your home and increase your odds of staying healthy. We always challenge our students to play 60 minutes a day!
- Sneakers with ties or velcro are required to participate in physical education class.
- No jewelry is to be worn during physical education class. All watches, rings, bracelets and necklaces are to be left in the classroom. If your child has pierced ears, post earrings are acceptable. Earrings that dangle below the ear are not permissible due to the fact that they could get caught and tear the ear lobe.
- If your child wears glasses, please contact the school nurse, Mrs. Steck or Mrs. Ginter.
- If your child needs to be excused from physical education class, please write a note to the physical education teacher/school nurse stating the reason. If your child is to be excused from participation for more than one week, a doctor’s note is required. It must state the reason, length of time and date when they can resume activities.
- All students participate in physical education class in their school clothes. It is recommended students wear comfortable clothing on physical education days. We encourage students to dress for the weather (layer if needed) because we will be utilizing the outdoors as much as possible. If your child must wear a dress, please have your child wear shorts or pants underneath the outfit.
- Your child’s physical education grade will be based on fitness, skill progression, listening and following directions, respect, responsibility and cooperation with the teacher(s) and other students in class.
Thanks for your support.
Enjoy being active as a family and stay healthy!